May Schedule of Events
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living May 2019
Theme: “The Architecture of Living”
We will spend the month of May exploring some pivotal ideas found in a book that may have gotten lost in the overflowing avalanche of terrific Metaphysical, New Thought books that have been written in the last decade. “The Architecture of All Abundance: Creating a Successful Life in the Material World” by Lenedra Carroll contains a blueprint for anyone yearning for a higher level of spiritual awareness coupled with material manifestation. Of it, Deepak Chopra wrote: “This work stands as a deep testament to the human spirit and the undeniable role of conscious intent in the evolution and transformation of humanity.” Join us this month as we examine and experience the spiritual concepts contained in “Architecture.” It will be a fascinating journey.
- Building a life and building a physical structure have one very important thing in common: both must have solid foundations put down before anything else can be added. We build a solid foundation for our lives by going within. This morning, we access that place in us that informs all of life, that is the source of all creation, that is the answer before the question is even posed. And, we will access that place in a unique and powerful way. Come with us and take a deep dive into the architecture of stillness.
- Being completely enveloped in protection and surrounded by indescribably delicious unconditional love – these are experiences every human craves, whether we are a small child or a grown woman or man. Some of us may have received this from our earthly mothers, others may not have. This morning, we will all experience it in ways you may not expect!
- Our beautiful Religious Science/New Thought teachings about health and vitality have two cornerstone tenets. The first is: “there is nothing to heal — only our innate perfection to reveal.” The second is: “our thinking profoundly affects our physical state of being.” Today, we build a healthy body by building on these tenets.
- As we conclude our “Architecture of Living” theme, we focus on an area that remains a challenge for many individuals. That challenge is trusting that we live in the Flow of All Good and that we are always provided for. Using the author of our theme book as an example, we see how one simple awareness can change everything in an instant.
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living April 2019
Theme: “The Sacred Walk of Renewal and Resurrection”
At every moment of every day, we are experiencing the results of either our conditioned-based thinking or our Source-based living. This Easter Month, we will take a sacred walk into Source-based living, and each week, we will build upon the week before as we are renewed and resurrected in Spirit together.
- The Master Teacher Jesus taught us profound lessons of Truth, the greatest of which was how to stand tall in the midst of life-altering change. This Easter month, we look to him as the prime example of one who rose anew from the most devastating change we can humanly think of, the loss of life.
- Every decision we make directs the course of our lives. Using the metaphor of three decisions Jesus made during those few days prior to his crucifixion, we will prepare the way for our first step in the renewal and resurrection of our consciousness.
- As we explore the metaphysics behind Jesus’ resurrection and ascension and look at a number of the profound teachings of this Spiritual Master, we are invited to arise and shine into our own unique Brilliance. Be sure to be with us today for a unique and utterly brilliant experience. And how about inviting a friend? Easter is a wonderful Sunday for that.
- We experience our Easter Moments in many different ways. However, the rubber often meets the road when we look at our financial status vis-à-vis our spiritual beliefs about abundance. We spiritually believe we live in an abundant universe and abundance is our spiritual birthright, yet we often struggle to make ends meet, let alone have an ongoing flow of abundant good to spend, to spare and to share.
March Meeting Schedule
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living March 2019
Theme: “What’s Luck Got to Do With It?”
In 1984, Tina Turner released a song that became an instant classic rock song entitled, “What’s Love Got to Do With It?” Spiritually, we could answer that by saying “Just about everything!” This month, we will take the same question, change just one word and ask, “What’s luck got to do with it?” Your immediate answer to that question may be, “Just about nothing!” But in this series, we will combine some fascinating scientific research with our powerful Religious Science principles to find that there’s more to living a lucky life than meets the eye.
- “He really lucked out on that one!” is a phrase we often hear. And, of course, we hear it when a random happy coincidence has just occurred. What do scientific research and spiritual principles have to say about how we can “luck out”? Today we find out.
- This common phrase is used to describe an outcome based on chance, over which we have no control—like drawing the short stick. But are we really at the mercy of the luck of the draw? Science, as well as spirituality, says we are not, but it takes a specific attitude coupled with precise activities to create our own luck of the draw.
- On this day, St. Patrick’s Day, we will each discover our own personal Lucky Charm and learn how to use it quite effectively. And if you wear green to service today, you might just find yourself extra lucky.
- Today, we complete our “What’s Luck Got To Do With It?” series not by looking at how we never need to “push our luck,” but rather at how we have access to that which will push us to our highest good.
February Schedule of Events
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living February 2019
Theme: “On the Wings of L.O.V.E.”
It is a tradition in February to explore the topic of love, not just romantic love, but the Love of the Divine. Each week this month, we will explore different aspects of L.O.V.E.
- Humor and lightness are gifts of God’s Love. Our ability to laugh in the midst of circumstances and have a light touch on life are indicators of our how much we are living into and from this Love. Today we shine our Light and Laughter in places that could use a big dose of God’s Love.
- In the religion of our childhood, we may have found the idea of God’s Omnipresence, Omnipotence, and Omniscience a bit troubling. After all, who wanted an ever-present, all-powerful and all-seeing judge? But, if we look at God from the Science of Mind perspective, being surrounded by an ever-present, all-powerful and all-seeing Presence of Love is an entirely different story.
- Love is one of the highest energetic vibrations there is. If we brought Love – Divine Love – to our visions, our hopes, and our dreams… think about the vitality they would have.
- Enlightened enthusiasm. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be so deeply in touch with God’s Love that we felt enthusiasm in everyday events? There are several keys to creating a life of enlightened enthusiasm. Let’s explore the paths that allow us to do that.
January Schedule of Events
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living January 2019
Theme: “Turning Point or Tipping Point?”
Resource: “E-Cubed” by Pam Grout
We have all heard of the idea of a “tipping point,” the moment at which there is enough critical mass for a major change to occur. But what about a “turning point”? A “turning point” is the moment of decision, the moment we individually or collectively decide to make a shift, to head in a different direction, to view things another way, and that decision results in a radically different outcome. Or said another way, a “turning point” can result in a different “tipping point.” This month, with the support of the strong foundation of our New Thought teachings, we will have personal turning point moments that will tip us in the direction of greater love, joy, peace and manifestation.
- As we explore the idea of “turning points” in our lives, today we anchor into foundational concepts that will send us in the direction of our individual and collective Good and even greater Good. This morning will lay the groundwork for our entire year, so be sure to be with us, and bring a friend or two!
- “God can only work for us by working through us.” No truer words have ever been said! With the help of international bestselling author Pam Grout in her book “E Cubed,” this week and next, we will do some work to turn us in the direction of being who we came here to be and doing what we came here to do.
- Picking up where we left off last week, today we continue the work of creating turning points in the direction of being who we came here to be and doing what we came here to do.
- American Physician and author Bernie Siegel once wrote, “We have nothing to lose by attempting to achieve the miraculous.” When we have made the turn to a more expansive view of ourselves, our possibilities and the role we play in the world, we will achieve the miraculous. Actually, we will be the miracle, so come be the miracle today!