January 2020 Schedule
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living January 2020
As the calendar changes once again, we have an opportunity to begin afresh. What shall this year bring for you? Is your desire for greater joy, harmony, peace, and plenty and would you like your desires to express themselves with ease and grace? If so, join us this month as we use foundational principles of Science of Mind to set the tone for the year, both in your personal life and in the life of our spiritual community.
- How shall you design your life this year? What do you intend to create and in what kind of energy and atmosphere? On this first Sunday of the year, in this interactive service, you will have an opportunity to articulate an intention and a theme for 2020 for your own life and for SACSL.
- Are you answering life’s call or are you just letting the phone ring? Today choose to answer the call by “L” – Letting go of the past; “I” – Imagining a greater life; “F” – Freeing yourself to choose; and “E” – Expressing your Divinity.
- Dr. Robert Schuller authored a book entitled, If It’s To Be, It’s Up to Me. In it, he wrote: “The 21st century belongs first and foremost to a new mental breed of humans driven by a strong, sensitive, spiritual individualism.” The truth is, there is only one person on earth who can dream your dreams. That person is YOU! And, there is only one person alive who can kill that dream. That person is you as well! So, what shall it be?
- January 30 marks the beginning of the Season for Non-Violence – 64 days between the anniversaries of the death of Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King. Gandhi once said, “we must be the change we wish to see in the world.” As we conclude this series, we will look at being the change in 2020 by living a life of peace, which can lead to a world at peace.
December 2019 Schedule
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living December 2019
Theme: The Prayer of the Master
While the outside world is embroiled in the trappings of the holiday season, each week at SACSL, we will turn inward to find rich and deep transformative meaning in one of the most well-known and oft-cited prayers in human history – the prayer taught by the man whose birth we celebrate this month. This prayer, known as “The Lord’s Prayer” or “The Our Father,” has gone through many translations and interpretations. Be sure to be with us to receive a full spectrum of the wisdom found in this prayer of the Master, and then be with us on the last two Sundays for special services.
- “Oh Thou, From Whom the Breath of Life Comes” is the beginning of an early translation of the Prayer of the Master. Today we explore the depth and beauty of this version, and you may find some real surprises in it! And you will most definitely find some deep wisdom for living a rich and full life today.
- In this translation of the Master’s Prayer, which begins with “O Birther! Father – Mother of the Cosmos,” we find a road map for being in relationship with others as well as well as more deep, ancient wisdom applicable to our lives today.
- Today we will look at the most familiar translation of the Master’s Prayer, but we will look at it in a most unfamiliar way. Come be surprised and delighted at what you experience.
- Thus far this month, we have explored three different interpretations of Prayer of the Master and have had some deep and rich experiences. This Sunday before Christmas, we will examine how we can live these opening lines in two versions of the Prayer: “May Your light be experienced in my utmost holiness” and “Focus Your light within us – make it useful.”
- Today we move away from the Master’s Prayer to delve into our own personal prayer life. If you ever wanted to know the Top Ten List for creating a robust prayer life, today’s the day you will receive it. Come celebrate Sunday before New Years with us as we set the tone for a prayer-filled 2020.
November 2019 Schedule
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living November 2019
Theme: Whole Hearted Living
In this month of thanksgiving and gratitude, we will explore the way of the Whole Heart, which is Open, Full, Clear and Strong, and we will look at what it means to live from a place of gratitude and wholeheartedness. Be sure to join us this month as we travel the way of the whole heart.
- Setting the tone for traveling the way of the whole heart, we begin with the idea of the Open Heart. What does it mean to have a heart that is open? What does a closed heart look like? And, of great importance, how do we open a heart that has closed? If you are ready to have your closed heart opened or your opened heart opened even wider, today has your name written all over it!
- The Clear Heart thrives on openness and a deep willingness to love. A Clear Heart is free from upset, assumptions and agendas. A Clear Heart is liberated. Today, we clear the way and liberate our hearts.
- Join us in an interactive service of celebration of Gratitude with drumming, singing, meditation, and more.
- Transparent. Authentic. Genuine. Real. These are the ways of the Strong Heart. As we travel the way of transparency, authenticity, genuineness and realness, we find power, depth and meaning in a heart that is strong.
October 2019 Schedule
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living October 2019
Theme: Being the Perfect Center
Resource: “Your Invisible Power,” Genevieve Behrend
Genevieve Behrend wrote, “As you grow in understanding as to who you are, where you came from, what the purpose of your being is, and how you are to fulfill the purpose for which you are intended, you will become a more and more perfect center through which the Creative Spirit of Life can enjoy Itself.” This month, in a variety of ways, we will make these discoveries and become more and more the Perfect Centers to give the Creative Spirit of Life a real thrill!
- The Creative Spirit of Life is constantly calling us to find our Perfect Center by saying “yes” to greater life, greater joy, greater service, greater love and greater peace. But once we say “yes,” then what? Join us today and find out.
- At every moment, we have a choice of how to respond to life. But when fear hits, it often appears that we don’t make a choice at all. Rather, we automatically freak out! The truth is that even a seemingly automatic response is a choice. So how do we choose to find faith in the middle of a freak out so that we might be a more Perfect Center for the Creative Spirit of Life? That is the question of the morning, now isn’t it?
- According to a paraphrased version of Genevieve Behrend’s quote from above, the more we know who and whose we are and the more we live the life we are meant to live, the more God has fun. And as we do this, the more we can see the miracles of God in, through, as, and around us! And they just might make us want to sing. In this high-energy service, we will do just that.
- As we take our final look at our beautiful and profound theme quote from Genevieve Behrend, we will explore a Top Ten List of things to remember as we travel the road of becoming a more and more Perfect Center through which the Creative Spirit of Life can enjoy Itself. If we live by this Top Ten List, we will be well on that road, that’s for sure.
September Schedule of Events
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living September 2019
Theme: Living From Your Power
This month we will be looking at an acronym that brings new enlightenment to living from a place of True Power. When we can realize and live from a place of Divine P.O.W.E.R., our lives seem to fall into place, our hearts are filled with joy and purpose, and our relationships are stronger and deeper. We live our dreams daily, and really become the change our hearts are yearning for. Join us this month as we create a P.O.W.E.R.-filled experience at San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living!
- We set the tone for this month by looking at Passion and Purpose, which are two sides of the same coin. We will explore what passion looks like in our lives and learn new ways to activate it to live with a purpose. When we are living our passion and purpose, we are truly beginning to live from our power.
- We talk a lot about Oneness, but today we will have an experience of Oneness in a new way and look at feeling that Oneness within our own souls. As we recognize our oneness with all life here on earth and beyond into the universe, from the minute, to the magnificent, we see that all power for good is already ours.
- Sometimes when we start living our passion and purpose and connect with our Oneness, old recordings can start trying to tell us we are not worthy of the life we are creating. Today we will start the process of replacing those voices with empowering ones as we find our Wholly, Holy Worthiness.
- Life is all about learning, growing, changing and evolving. However, there are times we get in a groove and want things to stay just as they are. Today we will look at how to go with the flow of change, instead of holding on to the “old” for dear life. From our beliefs, to our bodies, life is in a constant state of change, and when we learn to let go and let evolution to unfold, we step into another level of our power.
- When we are living with a purpose, with passion, with connection to our oneness with all, when we know that we are inherently worthy of all the good of the universe, when we are able to let go of the past and embrace the now, we step into the Radiant Light of the Divine that lives within us. Join us as we stand in our P.O.W.E.R. and let our Radiant Light shine!
August Schedule of Events
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living August 2019
Theme: “Being Your Badass Self”
Inspired by the book “You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life” by Jen Sincero
Now, that’s a title you might not expect to see as a sermon series, but since it’s been really hot outside, why not heat it up inside by pushing out the edges of our comfort zones with a little irreverence? Just think about the possibilities for your life if you were to push the edges of your personal comfort zone. What if you took the handbrakes off the ways in which you believe in yourself, in your ability to really shine your light, and in how you express your God-given talents? This month, we will explore what possibilities exist when you push those edges and see how awesome and badass we (and our lives) can actually be.
- We all grew up learning (and then believing) a lot of things that just weren’t true about ourselves. In fact, many of us today are living in an illusion based on someone else’s beliefs. Isn’t it time to unshackle ourselves from those illusions and start creating a badass future based not on our history but on our own brilliance? If you say “yes,” then today is for you!
- We each have access to unlimited resources, untapped potential, and unrealized awesomeness. We just need to know where to look for it. Today, we hit the Mother Lode because we start looking in the right places!
- If you really want to shake things up and push the envelope right into your greatness, you just might have to get over a thing or two. You know, like taking everything – including yourself — so darn seriously! Let’s get over ourselves together today.
- What is possible for your life? Do you know that whatever your answer to that question is, there is one key factor that will make or break the chances of your achieving it? Well, there is, and today we will conclude our badass series not only by exploring it but by kicking it into gear.
July Schedule of Events
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living July 2019
Theme: “Living Big”
Happy July 4th ! This being the month we celebrate the independence of our great nation reminded me that our forefathers had a great dream and knew how to live big. We have a lot to learn from them. So, this month, we are celebrating our transformation and the fulfillment of our dream unfolding. Join us in “Living Big”.
Resource: “Living Big” by Pam Grout
- In “Living Big,” Pam Grout writes, “Living Big isn’t about making lots of money or having a Texas-sized house. It’s about having an intoxicating vision, about daring to look at the miracle of life without shrinking back. Living Big means having the nerve to find your own drumbeat, sing your own song.” Today, we bring that concept into our individual, personal lives as we think big, imagine big, and play big!
Facilitated by David McCloud, RScP
- David will be speaking on how to overcome our limiting thoughts and ideas that prevent us from “Living Big”.
- A barbeque dinner to follow our dedication services.
Resource: “The Universe Has Your Back” by Gabrielle Bernstein
- In “The Universe Has Your Back,” Gabrielle Bernstein lays out a variety of Universal Truths that she presents in some unique ways. The Universal Truths we will explore today are: “You are Always Being Guided Even When It Doesn’t Feel Like It” and “The Universe Works Fast When You’re Having Fun.” So, come today and be deeply guided while having a bit of fun in the process. These Universal Truths also help us Live Big!
June Schedule of Events
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living June 2019
Theme: “Steps on the Path of Transformation”
Resource: “The Third Jesus by Deepak Chopra”
In his profound book, The Third Jesus, Deepak Chopra writes: “Jesus asks us for personal transformation. Every step that brings us out of separation and closer to unity is valuable.” During the month of June, we will use Chopra’s book to view Jesus’ teachings as a roadmap for transformation by delving into Fifteen Steps to an awakened God Consciousness.
- Today, we begin our exploration of Jesus’ roadmap for transformation by looking at the concepts behind his words of (1) the Kingdom of Heaven is within you; (2) my yoke is easy and my burden is light; and (3) being in the world but not of it.
- Steps 4, 5, and 6 on our path of personal transformation delve into the ideas that we must (4) ask in order to receive; (5) forgive those who trespass against us; and (6) be still and know God.
- Part III of our fifteen steps on the path focuses on the ideas that (7) as you sow, so shall you reap; (8) resist not evil; and (9) in my Father’s house are many mansions.
- Today’s steps help us to realize that (10) we are born from above; (11) we are the light of the world; and (12) we need not worry about tomorrow.
- Today, we conclude our Fifteen Steps to God Consciousness by exploring these teachings of Jesus: (13) Abide in me as I abide in you; (14) where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them; and, finally, (15) what does it profit a man to gain the whole world if he loses his soul?
May Schedule of Events
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living May 2019
Theme: “The Architecture of Living”
We will spend the month of May exploring some pivotal ideas found in a book that may have gotten lost in the overflowing avalanche of terrific Metaphysical, New Thought books that have been written in the last decade. “The Architecture of All Abundance: Creating a Successful Life in the Material World” by Lenedra Carroll contains a blueprint for anyone yearning for a higher level of spiritual awareness coupled with material manifestation. Of it, Deepak Chopra wrote: “This work stands as a deep testament to the human spirit and the undeniable role of conscious intent in the evolution and transformation of humanity.” Join us this month as we examine and experience the spiritual concepts contained in “Architecture.” It will be a fascinating journey.
- Building a life and building a physical structure have one very important thing in common: both must have solid foundations put down before anything else can be added. We build a solid foundation for our lives by going within. This morning, we access that place in us that informs all of life, that is the source of all creation, that is the answer before the question is even posed. And, we will access that place in a unique and powerful way. Come with us and take a deep dive into the architecture of stillness.
- Being completely enveloped in protection and surrounded by indescribably delicious unconditional love – these are experiences every human craves, whether we are a small child or a grown woman or man. Some of us may have received this from our earthly mothers, others may not have. This morning, we will all experience it in ways you may not expect!
- Our beautiful Religious Science/New Thought teachings about health and vitality have two cornerstone tenets. The first is: “there is nothing to heal — only our innate perfection to reveal.” The second is: “our thinking profoundly affects our physical state of being.” Today, we build a healthy body by building on these tenets.
- As we conclude our “Architecture of Living” theme, we focus on an area that remains a challenge for many individuals. That challenge is trusting that we live in the Flow of All Good and that we are always provided for. Using the author of our theme book as an example, we see how one simple awareness can change everything in an instant.
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living April 2019
Theme: “The Sacred Walk of Renewal and Resurrection”
At every moment of every day, we are experiencing the results of either our conditioned-based thinking or our Source-based living. This Easter Month, we will take a sacred walk into Source-based living, and each week, we will build upon the week before as we are renewed and resurrected in Spirit together.
- The Master Teacher Jesus taught us profound lessons of Truth, the greatest of which was how to stand tall in the midst of life-altering change. This Easter month, we look to him as the prime example of one who rose anew from the most devastating change we can humanly think of, the loss of life.
- Every decision we make directs the course of our lives. Using the metaphor of three decisions Jesus made during those few days prior to his crucifixion, we will prepare the way for our first step in the renewal and resurrection of our consciousness.
- As we explore the metaphysics behind Jesus’ resurrection and ascension and look at a number of the profound teachings of this Spiritual Master, we are invited to arise and shine into our own unique Brilliance. Be sure to be with us today for a unique and utterly brilliant experience. And how about inviting a friend? Easter is a wonderful Sunday for that.
- We experience our Easter Moments in many different ways. However, the rubber often meets the road when we look at our financial status vis-à-vis our spiritual beliefs about abundance. We spiritually believe we live in an abundant universe and abundance is our spiritual birthright, yet we often struggle to make ends meet, let alone have an ongoing flow of abundant good to spend, to spare and to share.
March Meeting Schedule
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living March 2019
Theme: “What’s Luck Got to Do With It?”
In 1984, Tina Turner released a song that became an instant classic rock song entitled, “What’s Love Got to Do With It?” Spiritually, we could answer that by saying “Just about everything!” This month, we will take the same question, change just one word and ask, “What’s luck got to do with it?” Your immediate answer to that question may be, “Just about nothing!” But in this series, we will combine some fascinating scientific research with our powerful Religious Science principles to find that there’s more to living a lucky life than meets the eye.
- “He really lucked out on that one!” is a phrase we often hear. And, of course, we hear it when a random happy coincidence has just occurred. What do scientific research and spiritual principles have to say about how we can “luck out”? Today we find out.
- This common phrase is used to describe an outcome based on chance, over which we have no control—like drawing the short stick. But are we really at the mercy of the luck of the draw? Science, as well as spirituality, says we are not, but it takes a specific attitude coupled with precise activities to create our own luck of the draw.
- On this day, St. Patrick’s Day, we will each discover our own personal Lucky Charm and learn how to use it quite effectively. And if you wear green to service today, you might just find yourself extra lucky.
- Today, we complete our “What’s Luck Got To Do With It?” series not by looking at how we never need to “push our luck,” but rather at how we have access to that which will push us to our highest good.
February Schedule of Events
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living February 2019
Theme: “On the Wings of L.O.V.E.”
It is a tradition in February to explore the topic of love, not just romantic love, but the Love of the Divine. Each week this month, we will explore different aspects of L.O.V.E.
- Humor and lightness are gifts of God’s Love. Our ability to laugh in the midst of circumstances and have a light touch on life are indicators of our how much we are living into and from this Love. Today we shine our Light and Laughter in places that could use a big dose of God’s Love.
- In the religion of our childhood, we may have found the idea of God’s Omnipresence, Omnipotence, and Omniscience a bit troubling. After all, who wanted an ever-present, all-powerful and all-seeing judge? But, if we look at God from the Science of Mind perspective, being surrounded by an ever-present, all-powerful and all-seeing Presence of Love is an entirely different story.
- Love is one of the highest energetic vibrations there is. If we brought Love – Divine Love – to our visions, our hopes, and our dreams… think about the vitality they would have.
- Enlightened enthusiasm. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be so deeply in touch with God’s Love that we felt enthusiasm in everyday events? There are several keys to creating a life of enlightened enthusiasm. Let’s explore the paths that allow us to do that.
January Schedule of Events
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living January 2019
Theme: “Turning Point or Tipping Point?”
Resource: “E-Cubed” by Pam Grout
We have all heard of the idea of a “tipping point,” the moment at which there is enough critical mass for a major change to occur. But what about a “turning point”? A “turning point” is the moment of decision, the moment we individually or collectively decide to make a shift, to head in a different direction, to view things another way, and that decision results in a radically different outcome. Or said another way, a “turning point” can result in a different “tipping point.” This month, with the support of the strong foundation of our New Thought teachings, we will have personal turning point moments that will tip us in the direction of greater love, joy, peace and manifestation.
- As we explore the idea of “turning points” in our lives, today we anchor into foundational concepts that will send us in the direction of our individual and collective Good and even greater Good. This morning will lay the groundwork for our entire year, so be sure to be with us, and bring a friend or two!
- “God can only work for us by working through us.” No truer words have ever been said! With the help of international bestselling author Pam Grout in her book “E Cubed,” this week and next, we will do some work to turn us in the direction of being who we came here to be and doing what we came here to do.
- Picking up where we left off last week, today we continue the work of creating turning points in the direction of being who we came here to be and doing what we came here to do.
- American Physician and author Bernie Siegel once wrote, “We have nothing to lose by attempting to achieve the miraculous.” When we have made the turn to a more expansive view of ourselves, our possibilities and the role we play in the world, we will achieve the miraculous. Actually, we will be the miracle, so come be the miracle today!