March Meeting Schedule
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living March 2019
Theme: “What’s Luck Got to Do With It?”
In 1984, Tina Turner released a song that became an instant classic rock song entitled, “What’s Love Got to Do With It?” Spiritually, we could answer that by saying “Just about everything!” This month, we will take the same question, change just one word and ask, “What’s luck got to do with it?” Your immediate answer to that question may be, “Just about nothing!” But in this series, we will combine some fascinating scientific research with our powerful Religious Science principles to find that there’s more to living a lucky life than meets the eye.
- “He really lucked out on that one!” is a phrase we often hear. And, of course, we hear it when a random happy coincidence has just occurred. What do scientific research and spiritual principles have to say about how we can “luck out”? Today we find out.
- This common phrase is used to describe an outcome based on chance, over which we have no control—like drawing the short stick. But are we really at the mercy of the luck of the draw? Science, as well as spirituality, says we are not, but it takes a specific attitude coupled with precise activities to create our own luck of the draw.
- On this day, St. Patrick’s Day, we will each discover our own personal Lucky Charm and learn how to use it quite effectively. And if you wear green to service today, you might just find yourself extra lucky.
- Today, we complete our “What’s Luck Got To Do With It?” series not by looking at how we never need to “push our luck,” but rather at how we have access to that which will push us to our highest good.
February Schedule of Events
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living February 2019
Theme: “On the Wings of L.O.V.E.”
It is a tradition in February to explore the topic of love, not just romantic love, but the Love of the Divine. Each week this month, we will explore different aspects of L.O.V.E.
- Humor and lightness are gifts of God’s Love. Our ability to laugh in the midst of circumstances and have a light touch on life are indicators of our how much we are living into and from this Love. Today we shine our Light and Laughter in places that could use a big dose of God’s Love.
- In the religion of our childhood, we may have found the idea of God’s Omnipresence, Omnipotence, and Omniscience a bit troubling. After all, who wanted an ever-present, all-powerful and all-seeing judge? But, if we look at God from the Science of Mind perspective, being surrounded by an ever-present, all-powerful and all-seeing Presence of Love is an entirely different story.
- Love is one of the highest energetic vibrations there is. If we brought Love – Divine Love – to our visions, our hopes, and our dreams… think about the vitality they would have.
- Enlightened enthusiasm. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be so deeply in touch with God’s Love that we felt enthusiasm in everyday events? There are several keys to creating a life of enlightened enthusiasm. Let’s explore the paths that allow us to do that.
January Schedule of Events
San Antonio Center for Spiritual Living January 2019
Theme: “Turning Point or Tipping Point?”
Resource: “E-Cubed” by Pam Grout
We have all heard of the idea of a “tipping point,” the moment at which there is enough critical mass for a major change to occur. But what about a “turning point”? A “turning point” is the moment of decision, the moment we individually or collectively decide to make a shift, to head in a different direction, to view things another way, and that decision results in a radically different outcome. Or said another way, a “turning point” can result in a different “tipping point.” This month, with the support of the strong foundation of our New Thought teachings, we will have personal turning point moments that will tip us in the direction of greater love, joy, peace and manifestation.
- As we explore the idea of “turning points” in our lives, today we anchor into foundational concepts that will send us in the direction of our individual and collective Good and even greater Good. This morning will lay the groundwork for our entire year, so be sure to be with us, and bring a friend or two!
- “God can only work for us by working through us.” No truer words have ever been said! With the help of international bestselling author Pam Grout in her book “E Cubed,” this week and next, we will do some work to turn us in the direction of being who we came here to be and doing what we came here to do.
- Picking up where we left off last week, today we continue the work of creating turning points in the direction of being who we came here to be and doing what we came here to do.
- American Physician and author Bernie Siegel once wrote, “We have nothing to lose by attempting to achieve the miraculous.” When we have made the turn to a more expansive view of ourselves, our possibilities and the role we play in the world, we will achieve the miraculous. Actually, we will be the miracle, so come be the miracle today!